Tag: Humor

10 Stages of Running an Ultra

It is difficult to explain to a non-runner what it’s like to run an ultramarathon. How can you possibly put into words the excitement, the highs, the lows, the torture and the triumph of such an audacious pursuit? Here’s...

The Nutella Doctrine

Let me tell you what isn’t an effective ultramarathon fueling strategy: chili dogs. Two gigantic chili dogs. Considering that a theme of this issue is race fueling, noting what fuels don’t work is at least as important a...

Spouses That Run (and Eat Mid-Race Fried Chicken) Together

I’ve been waiting for a good opportunity to tell you about my wife Mel. It is fair to say that Mel has a love/hate relationship with running. Approximately 3% is love. And the other 97% is hate. So you can imagine my sur...

A Handy Guide to Blowing Up in Epic Fashion

It’s no doubt that you are aware of the latest fad that seems to be sweeping the world of ultramarathon. You’ve probably heard about the legendary athletes of our time and how they are able to go from podium finishes to...

Humblebragging 101

Hey, ultrarunners! Mid-Pack Zach here with some great tips on how you can step up your humblebragging game. You didn’t train that body until it was like a finely tuned Ford Pinto and manage to stumble across the finish l...

URG Comics - Training Too Hard?

Over at UItraRunningGuy.com we recently held a contest called “Top Ten Signs You Are Training (Too) Hard For Your Next Ultra”. There were so many entries that it became the Top 20 because, just like your mileage, ten sim...

Running or Racing: A Comparative Analysis

Runners   Racers       Stop to look at the trees as they pass by.   Ricochet off trees as they zoom across the landscape.      ...